Cashew Veggie Dip
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight in room temp water
- 1 tb nutritional yeast
- 2 tb fresh lemon juice
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tb coconut oil
- 1 cup cooked assorted chopped veggies. I used carrot, onion, red pepper, celery, garlic, broccoli, kale and parsley
- 2 tb sliced green olives
- Soak raw cashews overnight.
- The next day, drain and let dry or dry with a paper towel.
- Place cashews in high power blender, like a vitamix, or a food processor with the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, lemon zest, coconut oil, salt and pepper. The mixture gets smoother and creamier in the blender than the food processor, but still comes out delicious.
- Blend until smooth. You may have to scrape down and stir repeatedly to get this as smooth as possible. Pro-Tip: If you need to add a little extra lemon juice or a little water to keep this moving add very little at a time. You don’t want to make this too runny so that it stays the consistency of cream cheese.
- Once the cashew mixture is to your satisfaction (take your time with it!) add the cooked and cooled chopped veggies and green olives.
- Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
Eat with Breton white bean or black bean crackers or fresh veggie strips for extra fiber.
8 – 3 Tb servings
Nutritional information (per serving) according to my fitness pal:
6g net carbs