Curried Lentil with Quinoa and Brown Rice soup
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1/3 cup pre-rinsed quinoa
- 2 cup green or brown lentils
- ½ of a red pepper
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 each carrots
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 each scallions
- 1 tb coconut oil
- 1tb curry powder
- 1 tb garam masala
- 1 each 5.4 ounce coconut cream
- 2 cups water
- 1 qt chicken stock (pick the one that contains the most protein, I used kitchen basics brand which is the highest one in my store)
- 1tb olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tb chopped garlic
- Heat oil in at least a gallon sized pot.
- Sautee veggies, except scallions and cilantro, until they start to brown.
- Add spices and garlic and sautee until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add lentils, rice and quinoa. Simmer until with rice and lentils are soft, around 45 minutes.
- If it gets too thick add a little more water, but in the end you want it to be a nice thick soup. Once everything is soft and the soup is reduced add the coconut cream, scallions and cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, I only added about a half teaspoon of salt for entire recipe it depends on your stock.
For ½ cup of soup (recipe makes 8 cups or 16 servings):
9 net carbs
Calculation made by entering recipe into My Fitness Pal
Any questions or suggestions post below!